Many teens can’t get to the gym and wonder if they can build muscle at home. Our body does not read the exercises but only:
- the mechanical tension (the lifted load)
- the metabolic stress (lactic acid product)
- The muscle damage (the new stimulus)
Here are all these things you can do very well even at home, there are those who prepare for bodybuilding competitions in the garage and have a rack, a barbell, and hundreds of kg to load.
However, if you do not have this possibility and you find yourself at home with dumbbells of up to 20kg, here is a card to train and make the most of what you have to put on muscle or at least not lose it until you return to the gym.
The free-body: perfect for home workouts
In recent years, calisthenic ( bodyweight training) has increasingly taken hold. The reason is simple you get great benefits, often for the upper body better than the gym (if you got lost in doing a thousand machines without loading).
If you work out at home why not start with calisthenics? You need a pull-up bar, parallels for the dips and, if you want, rings, fine.
The exercises you can do at home in bodyweight are many:
|MUSCLE GROUP||FREE BODY EXERCISES|
Air squats and lunges
Also, in this case, we have put only the main ones but if you look also on our site you will find many ideas.
Bodyweight training, calisthenics are an excellent solution to gain muscle mass by training at home.
Free body workout/calisthenics
- Pull-ups 30/50/100 rips in as little time as possible (depending on level)
- Vertical bends or dip 10 ‘as many repetitions as possible
- Body row 3xmax rec 1’30 “
- Push-ups on the arms, feet raised 3xmax with rec1’30
- Jump squat (Tabata from 5 ′ 20 ″ rip rec10 ″)
- Abdominals: Plank or boat 5 ‘of actual work